Bon Voyage

Mindless Blogging of Trips

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Foreigh Currency Exchange

Japanese guru friend told me that I shouldn't bother having Yens exchanged in US since the rate is better in Japan. He said he usually goes to the local banks, but the experience maybe a bit intimidating for me, a non-Japanese speaker. So he suggested exchanging at Narita airport. I checked their rates, http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/exchange_e/index.html. Yah, I will get probably 2~3 yens per US dollar extra. BTW, he said I could go exchange at post offices. Wow.

I also asked him about phone cards. He said they are commonly sold at train stations, kiosks, and vending machines. NTT probably works best. Maybe KDD as well. Okay, I will need to look for vending machines... Don't they sell everything at vending machines anyways? How do you say phone cards in Japanese? "Just say calling card in a bad accent, " he said. =))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home